I know, the to-do lists get longer while the days are not getting longer – a true dilemma! And, since congress has not passed legislation for a 25-hour-day, we will have to resort to the 24 hours. So what do we do??
The solution: Preserve your energy – Your level of energy largely determines the quality of your life. Also, since now a days everybody thinks you’re open 24/7, preserving your energy is an important survival strategy.
When we meet someone we decide immediately whether they have a “good vibe” or a “bad vibe.” We read their energy and decide if we want to be around them more. On the flip side – there are energy vampires. Energy vampires zap our energy and they are a big distraction. Word of caution – avoid energy vampires! And when you can’t – be happy, it really annoys them. Positive energy is contagious. Increasing our energy leaves us more to share with others!
With this in mind, how do we increase our energy? Easy peazy! By incorporating meaningful habits into our lives with rituals and routines. When you create rituals that increase your mental, physical, and spiritual energy, you become more energetic, happier and successful.
Because we are made up of physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional energy, each one of these areas contributes to our total energy.
- Exercise - who has time for this when we don’t even have time for family, friends? Use the buddy system, this way you can spend more quality time with your spouse, children, family, and friends, etc. This can be as simple as a walk after dinner for shared time. Get fit together and bond at the same time.
- Get your rest! No need to lecture you here – “just do it”, like the Nike slogan says.
- Hydrate - “You’re not sick you’re thirsty! Water for Health, for Healing, For Life, is a book written on the epidemic of chronic dehydration in our society. Author F. Batmanghelidj, MD state that dehydration has been labeled as diseases by the mainstream medical establishment. So do yourself a favor and hydrate, daily. If drinking water seems boring to you, add fruit, herbs or veggies. It will make it prettier, taste yummier and you’ll get added health benefits too!
- Safeguard your thoughts. Energy is found in the thoughts we think and the words we read and hear. Have you ever gotten excited about an idea and felt energized? Or listened to an energetic speaker and become motivated to take action? Or read a book and become inspired? Words are powerful, so use them to create positive mental energy.
- Listen to music – Music has the tremendous power to make us laugh and cry. Think of the Rocky theme song. When I hear “Rocky” theme song I still get the urge to sprint a hundred yards. Music sets the tone in restaurants and shopping malls. It plays during sporting events, religious services, and family holidays. After all, what would a birthday be without a “Happy Birthday” song? Music makes us think and feel because it is a powerful source of energy and each day you have the opportunity to make the energy of music work for you. Music that lift your spirits, music that give you confidence, music that relaxes you, etc. Music is energy that you can use to fuel your life whenever and wherever you need it. Based on your choice of music, you might want to wear a headset!
- Connect with Nature – Ever wonder why people love the beach, the mountains, and gardening? Because they are powerful sources of energy. Whether it’s the ocean air, the sunlight reflecting off the water or the the waves crashing on the shore, large trees or fields of green, a vibrantly colored sunset or sunrise. Nature provides a profound effect on our mind and body. So, connect with nature and enjoy the energy it will generously share with you.
Give back – Studies have shown that the happiest people are those who give. It doesn’t have to be anything huge either. Sometimes just letting someone cut in line in front of you at the grocery store or picking up something someone dropped can release endorphins that make you feel good.
We have had these experiences and many more like them because we are energy beings and as energy beings we interact with other forms of energy every day. We give, receive, share, transform, maximize and focus energy every day. It’s all about energy. So give yourself these powerful infusions to retain energy throughout the day.
The post The Balance Game: Energy Boosters to Keep You from being Overstressed, Overworked, & Overtired! appeared first on Rafa Natural Blog.