One of the very first things I ever made when I started playing with bath and body products is Tub Truffles (my name for them. Others call them Bath Melts, Cocoa Butter Melts, etc). They are so simple and people LOVE them! They are perfect for people with super dry and itchy skin.
I thought it’d be fun to show you how we do it and, if creativity calls, you can make your own. If you would just rather order ours, no problem. You can get them here.
This recipes makes 40 truffles weighing about .40 ounces each. We use a small plastic truffle mold available here.
You can either wrap them in candy wrappers, like we do, or simply store in an airtight container.
- Measure out Cocoa Butter into glass bowl
- Melt in microwave in short bursts, stirring every 30 seconds
- After completely melted (taking care not to overheat), add Powered Oatmeal and stir well.
- Then add Sweet Almond Oil and stir well.
- Add Essential Oil/Fragrance Oil and stir well.
- Pour into truffle molds
- Place in refrigerator overnight
- Unmold and let sit on cooling rack for 24 hours before wrapping
- Wrap with candy wrapper (if desired) or place in airtight container
Watch our video below for more info: